Thursday, November 08, 2007

"Puff The Magic Jesus"

NOTE: a change has been made, I have added the link to the blog I refer to below. Take a moment to read his story, I know he would enjoy your thoughts!

I'm not a big fan of "Christian artists" (those fluffy lyricists with mundane musical abilities under a "Christian" label), UNLESS they have the gall to actually challenge the Church, Faith, Society, and the "status quo". Such like John Reuben:

"What About them"




A blogger buddy: Don't Believe Anything I say, uses a quote from this song when talking about how the Church has hurt him. I give the whole song in context in the embedded vid. above, but will highlight the portion of the song that he highlights because it rings true in my life. (BTW, If you listen to the song, you'll see where my title comes from...I am no way degrading the Jesus I follow!!!!!! But I'll leave the Interpretation of what Reuben means by it up to you!)

"What a prosperous, wondrous place
Remember to say grace before we scrape our plates
And ignore the crying outside the door sure
You’ll pray for their burdens but you don’t want to make it yours
Thin lines divide but there’s a world of difference
So crawl back into your happy existence and
feel the bliss of ignorance keep you warm"
-John Reuben

No comments:

Post a Comment