Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm Gonna Celebrate Being Alive

Was traveling to my parent's house today to celebrate thanksgiving and we were listening to Brett Dennen...She said when this song came on, "what a perfect song for thanksgiving day!" So I share it with you all. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry about the random pictures. The only copy of this song on YouTube I could find where you could really hear the words.

Blessed-Brett Dennen


I welcome the sun
The clouds and rain
The wind that sweeps the sky clean and lets the sun shine again
This is the most magnificent life has ever been
Here is heaven and earth and the brilliant sky in between

Blessed is this life and I'm going to celebrate being alive

I dwell in the darkness
I let in the light
I sleep in the afternoon and become the noise in the night
I trespass in temptation suffer in sacrifice
But I awake each day with the new sunrise.

Blessed is this life oh, and I'm gonna celebrate being alive
__________________________________________
One of the comments under this video on YouTube:
"this song makes me truly love the world and gives me the knowledge that i am something great and becoming greater by the moment thanks to Brett ...."

I know I am blessed, as I looked at my wife, and saw a lot of family today. I think about all of them and my friends who have stood by me through all the crap that I've been through in my last church, and the uncertainty of tomorrow, but I am still thankful! I celebrate being alive! I'm hopeful! I'm loving life and loving God!!!!! As the person above states, I celebrate in the knowledge that God has made me into "something great (for him/in his eyes), and becoming greater by the moment...." because of Him!

Yet in my blessed state...I can't help but think of all the people who have little or nothing to be thankful for today. So I ask myself this question: "what will I do so that at least one person next year who does not feel blessed, will be able to feel what I feel on this Thanksgiving day? How will I help them celebrate Thanksgiving and be blessed by this time next year?"

To modify the Spider-Man mantra; with great blessings comes an even greater responsibility to bless others!

Share and share alike!
Do unto others...
"What you have done unto the least of these, you have done unto me."

Celebrate being blessed today... Share that blessing wherever and whenever you can!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment