Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Noodles For My Noggin (1)

Some recent quotes that have popped out at me in my journey:
_____________________________________________
"That's not Truth, it's just a fact." --Zen saying by Charlie Crews (character on NBC's "Life")

"They tell me nothing is perfect
Then tell me why is it a word
Oh- Yesterday's news is tomorrow's blues
And now they're perfectly blurred" --Ben Harper "Temporary Remedy"

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
--Albert Einstein

"The greatest generosity is non-attachment" --my fortune cookie

"It may easily come to pass that a vain man may become proud and imagine himself pleasing to all when he is in reality a universal nuisance." --Spinoza Ethics, III Proposition 30

"They will question thee concerning concerning the soul. Say: "The soul is the concern of my Lord, and you have been given of knowledge but a little." --The Koran 17:85

"There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.
In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings,
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it makes me wonder."
--Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment