Thursday, December 06, 2007

God's Gonna Cut You Down

A video that I really like:
I really like what's said at the beginning of the video although I'm not a big fan of the language of "God cutting you down". Anyway, I still like a lot of the lyrics, and really like the video:

Johnny Cash-God's Gonna Cut you Down


My fav. lyrics:
Well my goodness gracious,
Let me tell you the news.
My heads been wet with the midnight dew.
I've been down on bended knee, Talkin to the man from Galiee.
He spoke to me in a voice so sweet,
I thought I heard the shuffle of angels feet.
He called my name and my heart stood still,
When He said "John go do my will"

You can throw your rock, hide your hand,
Workin in the dark against your fellow man.
But as sure as God made black and white,
What's done in the dark, Will be brought to the light.
_______________________________

What's interesting to me is the people that are in this video. A "who's who" of celebs. Each bring something unique to this song.
My fav. part of the video is Bono, in all of his genius. I love the painted angelic wings around him (I think he is making fun of himself in that), and then what he writes on the wall:
"Sinners make the best saints". Profound!

In light of what is said in the beginning about the "poor and down-trodden", the inclusion of the variety of celebs. is even more amazing. All successful and many controversial in their entertainment fields. It makes me think about who we idolize as Americans! I don't know exactly how judgment works from God, it's not my place to know... But i do know that when Christ talked about who was blessed, it was the poor, meek, persecuted, etc... I also know that when he issued his woes it was to the wealthy, stingy, and pious religious leaders of his day! I just want to make sure that I am being with the blessed and not the woed... I want my life to reflect that I care about the things that Christ cared about... If not then perhaps I deserve to have God "Cut me down"!

No comments:

Post a Comment