Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Noodles for my Noggin (2)

As some of you know from a recent post, last week I had one of the hardest weeks of my life. Its a culmination of a lot of things, worse of all, the feeling that the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel just blinked out. Plans, hopes, dreams, steps in life...to have those things tossed up and not being able to see where they landed is a tough thing for anyone.

So, I wrote a lot last week in my journal, and looking back, its amazing to see what quotes resonate with you that hadn't before. In light of that last entry, I post some things that resonated in my mind and heart last week, and not all of them are gone. Call me a pessimist or a cynic, I don't care...this is life, and God is teaching me things I never could have learned without these things happening. Even amidst the pain, I am thankful for so much...starting with the ability to share my thoughts!
____________________



by Thom, aged 19, from West Yorkshire

__________


Yeah, I know nobody knows
where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
is in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools
and from sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away
--Aerosmith "Dream On"


What if I wanted to fight
Beg for the rest of my life
What would you do?
You say you wanted more
What are you waiting for?
I'm not running from you (from you)

Come break me down
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you
Look in my eyes
You're killing me, killing me
All I wanted was you

I tried to be someone else
But nothing seemed to change
I know now, this is who I really am inside.
Finally found myself
Fighting for a chance.
I know now, this is who I really am.
-- 30 Seconds to Mars "The Kill" (Sorry Jeff, this was before you told me to stop listening to them:)

Keep you in the dark

You know they all pretend

Keep you in the dark

And so it all began

Send in your skeletons
Sing as their bones come marching in...again
They need you buried deep
The secrets that you keep are at the ready
Are you ready?
I'm finished making sense
Done pleading ignorance
That whole...defense
Spinning infinity, boy
The wheel is spinning me
It's never-ending, never-ending
Same old story

What if I say I'm not like the others?
What if I say I'm not just another one of your plays
You're the pretender
What if I say I will never surrender?
-- Foo Fighters "The Pretender"
I'll make the most of all the sadness,
You'll be a &$!*$ because you can.
You try to hit me just to hurt me
So you leave me feeling dirty
Because you can't understand.
We're going down,
And you can see it too.
We're going down,
And you know that we're doomed.
My dear,We're slow dancing in a burning room.
-- John Mayer "Slow Dancing in a Buring Room"

The heart.
It's just a muscle, really.
How it performs this thin called "love"--
That's the miracle
--Card I got for Valentine's Day

Love creates, inspires, believes, and dreams.
Love is everything that ever was and everything that will ever be.
--Card I gave Ali for Valentine's Day
(my response: if love is everything, then love is all that matters!)

"Only those who dare to let go can dare to reenter." --Miester Eckart
(This really resonated with me because of my thoughts and feelings on rebirth in the previous post as well as the Aerosmith lyrics).
"I suppose that since most of our hurts come through relationships so will our healing...." --William Young "The Shack"
"I seem caught somewhere inbetween imagination and common sense." --Me
________________________

So it's not all negative...but it really is amazing to see what strikes you how and when!
thanks!
peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment